[GeoStL] Re: A Tribute to "Geo Jim"

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:24:35 -0600

-
We'll be looking for "his" cache.

I think I met him once searching for a new cache with somewhat cagey
coordinates (I think I met several  of you at that time).
But, again, felt like I had a sense him (As I do many cachers) because of
logs and definitely the  occasional photo (rather jealous of the alien
picture).

When we started caching we were "following" Geo Jim around for a few months.
Those smashed pennies (and army men!) were EVERYWHERE! Seeing those items in
a cache, we felt like as though we were meeting up with a (unknown) pal at
each  and every cache. Usually we had a bit of anticipation "Wonder who will
have been here --  Army Men? Smashed pennies? BOTH?" It was all we could do
to convince the Kyd that those smashed pennies were not being left
specifically for her and she really should NOT take EVERY single one of them
for her collection -- that maybe other little-girl cachers had a smashed
penny collection too and would want a special one for their book. LOL  We
may have ... one or two (few?)  in our "Smashed Penny" collection book.

Nancy