[geekcrypt] Re: Project name?

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 11:15:24 +0800

On Wed, 4 Jun 2014 22:45:12 -0400
Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Niklas.  I also hope that our efforts can merge with truecrypt.ch.
> Just let me know if you would prefer for the truecrypt.ch guys to have the
> CipherShed name, and I'll assign it to them.
>
> For now, let's use the FalseCrypt name, but before we release the first
> version of our forked TrueCrypt, let's settle on the final name, which I
> hope will be CipherShed.
>
> From your email, I would guess you are also a programmer.  Otherwise, why
> would you care about the KISS rule?  Are you interested in joining the
> development effort?
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Good. Let's hope we can join forces then, but not make any
"concessions" to the ethics that are so crucial here.

I am a Mathematics student, for the sake of studying cryptography. I am
also a programmer, you are right, but not (yet) a crypto programmer. I
did webdevelopment for the past ~six years. I have some experience in
writing algorithms in C++ / C, but I am by no means an experienced
crypto engineer.

That being said, if I can still be able to be of any help in the
development effort, I would be on fire to do so! So let me know if you
have anything a rookie could take a look at, or maybe just learn
something. Usually I am a somewhat quick learner. ;)

Niklas

--
Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬