[geekcrypt] Re: Project name?

  • From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 22:45:12 -0400

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hey Bill,
>
> As I just wrote on truecrypt.ch:
>
> I don't think there should be more than one projects. I joined your
> mailinglist first, because I like the clarity and simplicity and spirit of
> the roadmap best. It puts maximum emphasis on FOSS, KISS and the userbase.
> It is conservative and un-fancy, and that is exactly what crypto needs to
> be secure. While the folks there did answer to your doubts, much of this
> page seems vague to me, still.
> I wish the efforts can join forces, so that the community does not get
> split or confused. If this is not going to happen though, and your project
> becomes and stays alive, I hope it could use the name.
> I said that you already bought the domain not because it's bad, but just
> to stress that the domains are already available in the community.
>

> --
> Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬

Thanks, Niklas.  I also hope that our efforts can merge with truecrypt.ch.
Just let me know if you would prefer for the truecrypt.ch guys to have the
CipherShed name, and I'll assign it to them.

For now, let's use the FalseCrypt name, but before we release the first
version of our forked TrueCrypt, let's settle on the final name, which I
hope will be CipherShed.

From your email, I would guess you are also a programmer.  Otherwise, why
would you care about the KISS rule?  Are you interested in joining the
development effort?

Bill