[geekcrypt] Re: Introducing frehberg, or Frank

  • From: Frank Rehberger <frehberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 05:12:55 +0200

Hello

@Bill, many thanks for the introduction :)

yes, my name is Frank Rehberger (aka frehberg :)
I am 42, living in Berlin/Germany, coding since early days.
In terms of development I am focusing on IT-Security, and
network-communication. From time to time I have been speaker at
LinuxTag, Communication-Camp and other events in the past.

For me it was a kind of shock to read that the maintainers would no
longer support TrueCrypt. I am happy that I am not the only one feeling
that way and I looking forward to work with you together :)

As Niklas pointed out, we should join forces, and we should prevent a
split up of the community. I agree, that efforts should be  merged with
truecrypt.ch.
AFAICS, a strong developer-community is very important for the user-base
to regain trust and confidence into the software and roadmap.

So far I see the following major tasks:
* Joined efforts with truecrypt.ch, agreeing on a new name
* Rebranding (name, source code, documents, icons, webpage)
* Porting the sources to an up2date build-environment on different
platforms.

I am happy to become a member of the team and to work together with you
in future :)

Kind regards,
Frank

On 05.06.2014 04:04, Bill Cox wrote