[geekcrypt] Re: Crypto export law in US

  • From: Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬 <compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 21:11:41 +0800

On Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:58:11 -0400
Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The TrueCrypt author simply wanted to make it plain that we do not have
> permission to "upgrade" his license to a GPL license, for example.  That's
> too bad, because it's save us a ton of work!
> Bill

Exactly that is what I'm having problems with. Should the effort keep
the weirdo TC licens on a long term, or should modifying parts of the
code so that we can use GPL or BSD licenses be part of the long-term

At the time of writing, no warrants have ever been served to me, Niklas
Lemcke, nor am I under any personal legal compulsion concerning the
CipherShed project. I do not know of any searches or seizures of my