[geekcrypt] Re: Back door competition

  • From: Pid Zero <p1dz3r0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:39:38 +0100

By all means incentivise people to find bugs, that's one of the benefits of
FOSS. But I'll have no part in any project that actively attempts to embed
vulnerabilities into the code. It's going to do more harm to the trust
users have in the product (we already suspect NSA/GCHQ involvement without
the projects own devs subverting the code too), let alone the possibility
that if one of the devs is compromised it presents perfect cover for the
insertion of malicious code ("oh that backdoor is part of the game, I'll
remove it, honest" *wink wink*). It's a bad idea.