GBCFC Launches New Website!

  • From: GBFC Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gbfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gbfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:45:07 -0700

Greetings,

On Saturday, June 5, 2010–same day as the GBCFC Annual Membership Potluck
Meeting<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/2010/05/18/great-basin-community-food-co-ops-annual-membership/>at
the River
School <http://www.riverschool.info/>–the Great Basin Community Food Co-op
soft launched it’s new website!

*THANK YOU MANUEL BECERRA & PEACE CREATIVE MEDIA CO.*

We’re calling it a soft launch because between now and the next few weeks
into the summer season we will be rolling out additional, new content and
features that we are anticipating will be very helpful to current and future
GBCFC members. Once more of the new information and functionality are
‘live’, you will hear more actively from the GBCFC about the new website and
how we can all use it to gain and share helpful information with
regards to all-things
GBCFC <http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/>, the
community<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/purpose-statement-and-goals/>and
the seven
(7) co-operative
principles<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/about-co-operatives/>
!

In the meantime, here is a list of some of the current, new content and
features of the new site followed by what’s coming!

   - *Updated and new information*, such as the GBCFC Product Buying

Guidelines<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/product-info/gbcfc-buying-guidelines/>,
   Member-Worker
Program<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/working-volunteers/member-worker-program/>,
   Purpose Statement and
Goals<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/purpose-statement-and-goals/>,
   Getting
Involved!<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/working-volunteers/join-a-committee/>,
   Farmer Bios and Photos<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/farmers/>,
   Local Foodshed
Map<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/local-foodshed-map/>,
   Online Events Calendar

    <http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/events/>
   - *Social Media Integration *- GBCFC Web pages and blog posts and
   announcements are now tied to Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/gbcfc>,
   so you can ‘like’ virtually any content on the new website and share your
   ‘likes’ with your Facebook (and real-life) friends! We hope that by
   integrating social media to the new GBCFC site, that current and
future GBCFC
   members <http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/membership/> can help increase
   the presence of the GBCFC in the community with the GBCFC purpose
   statement and
goals<http://beta.greatbasinfood.coop/about-us/purpose-statement-and-goals/>in
mind.

*Upcoming Features*

   - *Live Community* section will allow GBCFC members to share recipes,
   post member announcements (e.g. events, call for a shared bulk order,
   projects, etc.), see what organizations and local restaurants/businesses are
   buying from the GBCFC, post videos, photos related to the GBCFC, etc.

   - *Online forms* for employment/volunteering, vendor listing, special
   order placement and more!

We are excited about our new website, the direction we’re going with it and
what will be available on it to the extended community and GBCFC members. We
invite you to get to know the new www.greatbasinfood.coop and send us your
feedback and ‘wishlist’ of things you would like to see on our new website
that will make it more helpful!

Best,

Great Basin Community Food Co-op

--