Message from Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:38:45 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear G.A. Parents:

It is 2:15 on the Friday afternoon of a very busy week!  Last week I wrote
to you about all the meetings that were scheduled for this week, and all of
them went very well.  We were able to accomplish a lot at the meetings.
The Golden Rule Committee has planned the theme of the month of December to
be "self-discipline,"  and they have prepared an Advent Calendar for the
students to complete during the month.  The activities on the calendar
range from leading your family in prayer, to doing something nice for dad,
to no fighting day, to pray the rosary day, etc.  These activities will
assist the children in preparing themselves for Jesus' coming this
Christmas.  We will also send an Advent Prayer for all the families to say
during the Season of Advent, which will be here in two weeks.

The Education Council Meeting went very well.  Some of the topics we
discussed were: fostering religious education and commitment; the process
for reviewing new religion and family life textbooks; progress and ability
grouping, and the mathematics program.  The Education Council assists the
administrators in establishing the philosophy and guidelines for the
programs of the school and religious education program.

The Crises Planning Committee have discussed many great ideas to help
improve our present Crises Plan.  This week we looked at:  general
principles concerning how to react to a crises, our fire plan, our tornado
plan, and our environmental hazards plan.  We have made great progress, but
have a way to go yet.  Wish us luck!

I can't believe that next week Parent-Teacher Conferences and Thanksgiving
will take place.  The month of November is certainly going by very quickly!
I hope that you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy
your Thanksgiving Break.

Remember an angel might say:

        "... each day is a gift -- open and use it well."

                "... deal with the faults of others as gently as you deal with
your own."

                        "... peace is seeing a sunrise or sunset and knowing
whom to thank."

God's blessings to you this Thanksgiving,

David Reker
Principal
(without the quotes).

Archived messages: //www.freelists.org/archives/ganews/