Message from Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 19:58:23 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear G.A. Parents:

This has been a very busy week at school, and I'm working in my office
trying to get caught up on some work.  I thought I'd drop you a short note
before I went home for the weekend.

I would like to ask your assistance in helping make the Golden Rule Program
for the month of March a success.  As was explained in the Newsletter, each
week has a special theme and a prayer.  Please discuss the theme and pray
the prayer with your family during each of the four weeks of March.  The
first week's theme is "God's Forgiveness of Us."  It is important for
children to understand how God forgives His people because of His great
love for us.  Talking with your children about your perspective on this
could be helpful to them in better understanding God's forgiveness.  You
might even be surprised at some of the children's perspectives.  Sometimes
children have a great understanding of God and His love for us.  Please
pray the prayer for the week (Act of Contrition) with your children, too.
You can find a copy of the prayer in this month's Newsletter.  Thanks for
your assistance in this important project.

On Monday Theatre IV will present "The Pied Piper" to grades K-4 and
"Sojourner Truth" to students in grades 5-8.  It is always good for the
students to see live theatre, and we have had Theatre IV at GA in past
school years. Their performances are ususally very good.  On Monday grades
4-7 participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  Please remember these
students in your prayers

On Tuesday night the students and families are invited to a GA skating
party at Beechmont Rollerama.  I hear this is usually a fun time for the
children.  If you get to go, have fun.

I'm busy getting the final preparations ready for the 8th grade trip to
Colonial Williamsburg.  Ninety-two of the 8th graders are going on this
educational trip this year.  We leave on March 12 and return on March 15.
I always look forward to this trip.  In fact, it is four of my favorite
days of each school year.  It is an opportunity for me to spend time with
the 8th graders, and I always enjoy that.

On Monday and Tuesday I will be out of the building.  I will be serving on
the External Validation Team evaluating St. Jude School in Bridgetown.
This is the Ohio State evaluation process GA went through two years ago,
and I was asked to serve on the St. Jude team this year.  It is always a
great learning experience for me to be able to spend two days at another
Catholic school and to observe their program and to evaluate their goals.
I'm especially looking forward to going to St. Jude School since I
graduated from the 8th grade there "way back" in the 1960's.  It will be
interesting to return to my old grade school.

I'll close this short note with a thought:

"Angels come to help and guide us in as many guises as there are people who
need their assistance.  Sometimes we see their ethereal, heavenly shadow,
bright with light and radiance.  Sometimes we only feel their nearness or
hear their whisper.  And sometimes they look no different from ourselves --
until, their work done, they leave suddenly, quietly, with only a hint of
halo or a wisp of wing behind to make us wonder." -- Eileen Elias Freeman

God's blessings,

David A. Reker
Principal

(without the quotes).