A Message from the Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 14:57:10 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear G.A. Parents:

Well, we made it through another week, and what a week it was!  I can
guarantee you that it was a most interesting process putting the report
cards on the computer program.  In fact it took over a week to get grades
4-8 finished.  I can't tell you the numbers of hours that Sharon Cogan and
Patti Sutter have put into the report cards and awards.  Thanks much to
Patti and Sharon!  We could not have done it without you!

We had a very nice Loyalty Day today.  After Mass all 800 students and
teachers gathered on the front lawn to say "The Pledge of Allegiance" while
the flag was being raised.  The band played "The Star Spangeled Banner" for
all of us to sing, and the G.A. Chorus sang two patriotic songs.  It was
great to have the scouts with us, too.  The scout leaders led them in
saying their pledges.  Lieutenant Colonel Suzanne Bergmeister, one of our
parents and PTA Board members, spoke to the students about the Air Force
and about loyalty and patriotism.  Suzanne did a great job and the students
asked her many good questions.This morning's activities were a great way to
explain the meaning of loyalty and how to be loyal to God and country.
Since Veterans Day is on Sunday, hopefully we were able to share with the
students the important things that the vets have done for our country.

Yesterday was a hoot!  Andrew and Patrick Gleason were the Principals for
the Day, and they had a great time!
A number of the teachers asked the "principals" for pay raises and days
off, but the new principals held their ground and would not give in!   It
was fun having the boys and their friends in the office all day.  I can
guarantee you that the Gleason boys passed out plenty of candy to the
students and teachers yesterday.

Next week is quite a busy week, too!  I have quite a number of committee
meetings next week:  the Catholic Schools Week Planning Committee Meeting
on Monday, the Crises Planning Committee Meeting and the Education Council
Meeting on Tuesday, the Golden Rule Committee Meeting on Wednesday, and  a
Religion Department Meeting on Thursday.  Many of our parents are giving us
great assistance on several of these committees.  The Golden Rule Committee
has been busy planning each of the month's themes and activities, and the
Crises Planning Committee is working on excellent plans for emergencies at
G.A.  (Note:  I should have had the Gleason Principals take my busy job
next week.)

Have a great weekend, and remember that an angel might say ...

                                                       ". . . God never
gives up on you!"

". . . he/she who has little and says it is enough has much more than
he/she who has much and wants more."

                " . . . a clean conscience can only be destroyed by its owner."

God's blessings,

David Reker
Principal
(without the quotes).