[GameTalk] Re: pipe2

  • From: "Raul G .. Co-Moderator" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:41:42 -0700

Hi. It's a simple case of numbers. Let's start off at 100% accuracy.
This means that out of 100 times you swing the hammer, 100 out of those
times, you successfully hit a pipe.

Ok, So, this means that if you miss zero times, then your accuracy is
100% which is perfect. If you start off the game and have not hit swung
the hammer that much then if you miss your accuracy will go down a bit
because again, it takes a count of out of 100 swings. Let's say you hae
only swung 50 times and you miss twice. that is 48 times correct and 2
times wrong. This is 50 however and accuracy percentage is calculated at
100 so you need to double the 50 count to 100. You also need to double
the 48 count to 96. This means that if you swing the hammer 50 times and
you miss 2 of them, your accuracy will be 96 percent.

So, now the game continues and you do real good and not miss again for a
while. And now you are up to 500 swings of the hammer and you have
missed a total of 5 times. Well, doing the math results that the number
5 is just 1 percent of 500. This would mean that your accuracy is 99%.
So, even though your accuracy was at 96 percent when you had only missed
twice after swinging it 50 times, by the time you swing it 500, if you
miss 5 times, you are in very good shape.

One thing to note, once you miss even once, you will never be at 100%
again. You might be at 99 or 99.5 even, but never 100.

Here is another short example. Let's say you only swing the hammer twice
and miss one of those times. this means you missed half of those swings
so your accuracy would only be 50%. But if you swing two more times
making a total of 4 times and you still have only missed the one time,
then your accuracy would be 75%. So, you see, the more you swing and the
less you miss, means the more your percentage will be. Again, once you
miss even once, you will never be at 100% any more.

Hope this helps.

* nicol <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007-01-14 07:39]:

--
But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes,
which I also hate.