[GameTalk] Re: Tristian playing troopanum 1.6

  • From: shaun everiss <shaun.e@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:29:18 +1200

<grin>
Not supprised that not everyone knows how to do this server sort of thing.
Being a tester and a member of some private book type servers I am
quite used to ftp in general and its directory structures.
Also to website structures.
My hobby in fact is if I get a link to somewhere I try to break it
up, deleting bits and pieces of it to see how much of the site I can
get access to, and if I find a gem, I get it.
One such thing in brief was  I was fiddeling round on google
searching for something.
I came to a site.
This was in the days where i tried every http link with ftp linking to.
The http site was porn, but the ftp site had a nice joke thingy which
I did grab.
An interesting thing to note is that there are a load of lagit sites
that may have ftp servers.
Somewhere in these servers there are nonlagit things hidden away from
the general public and others.
You just cruise around.
Find unpassworded directories and brouse.
You can find most anything anyware.
I could go on.
This however aint for the list.
May write a post for my technews blog at technology.menvi.org if I