[gamestudies.pca] NCA Panel - Teaching Game Design

  • From: "Voorhees, Gerald" <gvoorhee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gamestudies.pca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:12:01 -0500

Dear PCA Colleagues,
I am trying to assemble a panel for the 2009 nation convention of the National
Communication Association (NCA)on the topic of "game design in the
communication curriculum."  My goal is to propose a discussion panel on the
specific subject of teaching game technologies, (however, if interests are more
diverse then my contribution will be on this subject).  I am ready to broaden
the theme to accomodate interested participants who have taught game design in
a communication department or from the perspective of the communication
discipline, or have developed a curriculum for a game design concentration,
major, or etc.
If you would like to participate, please send me a note at:
gvoorhee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please include a brief description (approx. 75 words)
of your take on "game design in the communication curriculum." Also indicate
whether you would be willing to participate on a discussion panel, a
traditional paper panel, or either.
NCA 2009 will be held at the Hilton Chicago, November 12-15. Please also note
that like PCA, NCA requires that participants become a member of the
association and register for the conference
Gerald Voorhees
Assistant Professor of Games and Interactive Media
Nido Qubein School of Communication
Drawer 21
High Point University
High Point, NC 27262-3598
Tel: 336.841.9174
Office: Norcross 120-08
www.highpoint.edu/communications <http://www.highpoint.edu/communications>
At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in
a fun environment with caring people.