[gameprogrammer] Re: why Always C++

  • From: "Lilith Calbridge" <lilith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:03:26 -0500

I don't know much about Delphi but I suspect that it's a matter of
speed.  Having something else do things in the wings for you means you
don't have control over what the program is doing.  So if your program
is running slow there's no way to speed up what the program is doing to
get your graphic on the screen.  With C/C++ it either may be running
fast enough to begin with or you can find some sort of method to speed
things up.  Is Delphi optimized for games and graphics or is it oriented
towards relatively easy to build applications that aren't too concerned
about most speed bottlenecks?

It could also be a matter of flexibility.

Consider, too, that using an API like SDL to handle the graphics for
your is pretty much the equivalent of the code you posted in Delphi.
Just because a language is easy to use doesn't mean it's the best for
every situation.

--
Lilith

<yassergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Why always C++ is choosed to gammeprogramming?
>
> Delphi is really is really easy for this. My point is, how you load
and
> show an image in C++?
>
> c++ code:
>   HBITMAP hbitmap
>   CDC cdc;
>   CDC memDC;
>   HBITMAP oldbitmap;

hbitmap=(HBITMAP)LoadImage(hInstance,IMAGE_BITMAP,FileName,0,0,LR_LOADFROMFIL