[gameprogrammer] Re: question about protection of ideas (and protection of source code)

  • From: Chris Eineke <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:58:04 -0400

On 11-10-23 04:56 PM, Alan Wolfe wrote:
More complex scenes don't invalidate my techniques, they still works great.  It
definitely gets slower with higher resolutions but not unreasonably so, but for
instance, in chrome at 800x600 i still get about 6.5fps on my 3 year old laptop
(and i haven't fully implemented everything yet).  I shudder to think what it
could do in a native language! (i intend to port it when finished with the html5
implementation)

Try Chrome NaCL[1].

Before you start digging into the legal situation you should really, really do a review of the existing research and literature on optimization techniques of real-time raytracing.

[1] http://code.google.com/chrome/nativeclient/

- chris