[gameprogrammer] Re: opengl

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:59:50 -0500

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 08:33 +0200, Yasser Gonzalez wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:11:22 -0500, Matthew Weigel <unique@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > If you're looking to write cross-platform games, or want to use OpenGL
> > (and don't want to use the native libraries on your platform for
> > things): you can use SDL for user input, audio, window management, and
> > fonts, but use OpenGL to render 3D images on your screen.  It works
> > fine, in fact SDL is designed to support it.
>

> So, How I draw OpenGL 3d shapes in SDL windows??
> Or Ho I draw an image with SDL in  OpenGL windows??

Download the SDL test programs and look for the ones that us OpenGL.
They show you exactly how to do what you are asking to do. Also, you can
look at the SDL documentation at libsdl.org.

                Bob Pendleton

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +