[gameprogrammer] Re: calculating sun/moon position according to time

  • From: Roger Durañona Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:33:14 -0400

On 15/07/11 16:21, Charlie Lobo wrote:

I haven't said anything about the reasonable parameters for light color
and intensity at diferent daytimes. This is the most I've found with a
quick google http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/corfidi/sunset/
Have no idea what good RGB values would be. Sorry about not having more
but hope it can help.

Found suitable values, perhaps not for a physically/commercially correct title, but they look good, the drawback is that the only difference is color. Night color is simply darker, but still the scene is well lit and you can see far details. I want to achieve something more closer to real night, with far objects blurred or hidden in darkness. Im planning to play with attenuation, as soon as I underestand the meaning of the parameters.

--
Roger D. Vargas
Using Gentoo Linux 2010