[gameprogrammer] Re: calculating sun/moon position according to time

  • From: Charlie Lobo <charlie.lobo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:21:10 -0500

So sunlight would be simulated with a directional light, the direction
defined by the angles. Also limiting the arc in the sky doesn't fully
prevent near-infinite shadows, it's perfectly possible to have an inclined
plane that allows for this. Limiting the light-range is something you'd have
to experiment to find the results closest to 0 and PI degrees that still
give reasonable results (depends on how ogre handles shadows, and what kind
of sufraces you are handling, neither of which I know).

I haven't said anything about the reasonable parameters for light color and
intensity at diferent daytimes. This is the most I've found with a quick
google http://www.spc.noaa.gov/publications/corfidi/sunset/
Have no idea what good RGB values would be. Sorry about not having more but
hope it can help.