[gameprogrammer] Re: Virtools "kinda" Sucks

  • From: Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen <halfdan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 11:11:42 +0200

tir, 06 09 2005 kl. 19:36 -0700, skrev Kevin Jenkins:
> I would add lock-in to the list.  Everything you do is only for
> VirTools.  If you decide partway through the project to switch engines,
> all previous programming work is lost.  Future projects also require
> that you again use VirTools or all previous work is lost.  VirTools
> requires payment up-front so this is a major consideration if money is a
> concern.
Good point, i will add it to the page in the near future.

I used the product in an educational situation, it could also be argued
that this is not really "money well spent", not much of the things you
learn can be applied to anything but Virtools.

The arguments just comes rolling :-)

> Chris Nystrom wrote:
> > On 9/6/05, Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen
> > <halfdan@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:halfdan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     So here it is, if anyone still wants to read it, comments very welcome:
> >     http://halfdans.net/wiki.py/Virtools_Sucks
> >

> > I find your arguments persuasive. If I was considering this product, I
> > would stop considering it.
That's exactly what i was aiming for, thank you!

--
Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen <halfdan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
halfdans.net