[gameprogrammer] Re: TCP output buffer size

  • From: milos chmel <xchmelmilos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 02:41:36 +0100

I quite don't understand what You're talking about. How can You run
out of system memory by doing that ;). Maybe You have some leaks (use
valgrind or something like that ).
send file trough TCP
You wan't to do that in C / C++ ? Just use send() with some fixed size
preallocated buffer. You will need to include std library's socket.h .
This should be in std library. For further info RTM or STW ;)

2009/3/8 Kevin Jenkins <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I want to send a very large file by TCP. If I send the whole file at once it
> would cause the system memory to run out. So I want to check the internal
> TCP stack size remaining, and send more of the file when it is empty or near
> empty.
>
> How do I do that?

"Brevity is the soul of wit." by William Shakespeare
" It IS NOT all FACTS. It IS TRUE. I believe it SHOULD NOT BE BELIEVE
LITERALLY. It IS TRUE."  - jorgipogi