[gameprogrammer] Re: Question about making Playstation 2 games

  • From: Ryan Hanlon <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:14:43 -0700 (PDT)

I know of SDL, but writing games for PS2 Linux isn't really what I'm looking for info on. There seems to be plenty written on that, but what seems to be lacking is information on what has to be done to a DVD to make a playable game. Anyone come accross anything like that?

Ryan

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Alan Wolfe wrote:

Heya Ryan,

I'm not sure if you are familiar with SDL but it is a cross platform
multimedia library that supports many platforms including playstation 2.

I was thinking you might try asking the SDL mailing list since there are
bound to be people making playstation 2 games/apps there since it supports
it.

the site is http://www.libsdl.org/

I'll bet someone there has the answers your looking for

On 9/30/05, Ryan Hanlon <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with what it takes to make a playable Playstation 2 DVD, or maybe knows a good site for info? This is one of those areas where Google is not your friend (like when looking for *free* fonts or music). I can find plenty of pages on modding PS2s or ripping ISOs, which isn't really of interest to me :) But I can't seem to find any info on compiling and burning a playable PS2 disc. Anyone seen any useful info about this?

Ryan