[gameprogrammer] Re: Open gl greyscale to color palette

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:13:04 -0500

You need to give more context to the question. Are you just trying to
add color to an image and store it in a file or are you trying to
display it on the screen and change its color by changing palette
entries? If you want to use it as a texture map you can use
GL_EXT_paletted_texture that would let you manipulate the palette and
then paint with the texture into an RGB screeen. Or, if you set the
screen depth to 8 bits you'll be stuck with an 8 bit paletted display
and you can't use anything else.

Bob Pendleton