[gameprogrammer] Re: MMO Idea

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:06:20 -0600

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 00:54 -0800, Craig Chambers wrote:
> sorry laurence, maybe i wasn't clear enough.
>
> what i meant was that the boring stuff could be an option when people
> are off-line. but the corporation would have things to be done in the
> area that you are in. this could be the 'menial' stuff. the players
> would maybe have a reputation factor (decided by other platers like in
> lionheads bulletin boards where other people can give you reputation).
> this could be by done by players sending letters to 'higher ups' in
> the corp to give commendations to players who have done
> cool/courageous/useful things. if it acts like a real corp then if a
> higher up in the HRD dept. gets enough of these about a player then
> they could issue an authorization for that player to access certain
> corp activities. see what i mean? it's still based on players
> decisions but it also means that people would have the chance to
> affect the organization of the corp too, even at lower 'ranks' of the
> corp.
>
> hope that clears up what i was trying to say.

If everything is up to the players, which I think it should be, what
mechanisms does the game provide to support the creation of
organizations? After reading more about your game it seems that players
will be able to create many different types of organizations, not just
typical corporations.

Also, there was a comment about drones not being able to get to places
that a play equipped with a jet pack could get to. Will it be possible
to equip drones with jet packs if they need them to do their jobs?

                Bob Pendleton

> craig chambers
>

> Laurence Grant <larrygrant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         You are all still missing the point, IMO
>
>         or perhaps there would be jobs from your corporation available
>         in your sector, and when you go offline you could chose a job
>         to do in that sector. of course the jobs available to you
>         would depend on:
>         1. your postion in the company
>         2. the type of work your corporation thinks you can handle
>
>         maybe there would be authorizations that a character would
>         have to buy or attain to be elligible for certain jobs.
>         this means that a character completes missions for the company
>         to recieve working privileges as a reward. more priviliges
>         might not only mean more choice, but also more pay???
>
>         just my 2 cents worth
>
>         craig chambers
> http://mail.yahoo.com

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +