[gameprogrammer] Re: Is there any opensource library which could detect intersection of geometric primitive?

  • From: Siyuan <csy97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:06:16 +0800 (CST)

Dear Alan,
Very Thanks,
There are some source code in the book "Real time collision detection".
I think they are simple and useful!
Br,
Siyuan

At 2011-10-12 01:20:58,"Alan Wolfe" <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Not that I know of.  I recomend the book "Real time collision detection" by
Christer Ericson though.

2011/10/11 Siyuan<csy97@xxxxxxx>

Dear Alan,
Thanks,
but physics library is too complex for me...
Is there any simple library?(only for the geometric primitive)
Br,
Siyuan

At 2011-10-12 00:05:55,"Alan Wolfe" <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah there are lots.  2d physics libraries usually provide this info.  Check
out "bullet" or "box2d"

On Oct 11, 2011 8:51 AM, "Siyuan" <csy97@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,

Is there any opensource library which could detect intersection of geometric
primitive?

for example:

Detect the intersection of 2 moving triangle / rect and triangle /rect and
circle / circle and circle / ....

note:
1. 2 geometric primitive has there own moving direction.
2. Not only return "TRUE ot False" but also return when their are intersected

2D is enough for me~~
(support rotate is better but not required.)

Very thanks~
Br,
Siyuan