[gameprogrammer] Is it possible....

  • From: Anom <adeanom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:39:10 +0700

yesterday i was thinking about making a game for mobile phone. What i
had in my mind is a shooting game (animal hunting type) where the
player can shoot an animal using a sniper riffle.

but i imagined that the player didn't move the target cursor by
pressing the keypad (or numpad) on the phone. But with moving the
phone itself.

what i thought is, by using a camera phone can we grab the image
received from the camera each time and compare it? so if the player
move the camera to the right so the cursor move to the right too. Or
any other solution better??

is it possible to create that kind of game nowdays? with a typical
camera phone available today.

couple weeks ago i heard Motorola (if i'm not mistaken) launch a
mobile phone that using the so-called M-Button. Where when the player
press the button on the side of the phone, he can move the player in
the game by moving the phone it self.

but i'm thinking about an ordinary phone which didn't equiped with such button.

any idea guys....????

--
       Ade Anom A
[http://www.a3rex.info]