[gameprogrammer] Re: Flash for a modern game engine

  • From: Ed Mack <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:37:07 +0100

> After hearing the God of War presentation at GDC, we are thinking
> about using Flash for doing the UI. As we see it this would have
> several advantages:

This idea is new to me. Having worked with flash loads, I'd say it is a
great idea if you can get a high enough functionality player embedded in
your game. As long as it didn't consume too many resources, Flash would
be a really smart way to involve those `designers who can kinda code'
and get a full featured (and dynamic) UI.

Cool,
Ed Mack