[gameprogrammer] Re: Daydreaming, questioning....

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 00:03:51 +0200

On Tuesday 20 October 2009, at 03:11:42, Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
> To start out trying to do a new language that is worth doing takes
> either a huge amount of arrogance or an astonishing level of naiveté.
> Since I know that, I often wonder what I'm thinking to even consider
> doing.

Then again, if everyone actually capable of doing it properly come to the
"sensible" conclusion that it's a bad idea to create Yet Another Language, who
would actually create the development tools of the future...? :-)

> I guess the only other reason is because it will be fun and
> maybe it will actually be of use.

"Fun" is a pretty good reason, IMHO. Software that's actually developed to a
useful state beats perfect designs and valid reasons, every time.

--
//David Olofson - Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|  http://olofson.net   http://kobodeluxe.com   http://audiality.org  |
|  http://eel.olofson.net  http://zeespace.net   http://reologica.se  |