[gameprogrammer] Re: C# vs C++

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:43:32 -0800

To add to this...

The last place i worked was making a larger open world game, and they were
using C++ (cause they were using unreal).

also there were smaller games they were making for pc, ds, wii, iphone, etc
and it was all c++ across the board.

where i work now is working on another open world game, which of course is
all c++ (:

cell phone games use java (j2me) more i believe, but i've heard developing
for cell phones is worse than making web applications (ie phones vary far
more than even browsers do, so getting something that works on all of them
is a nightmare).