[gameprogrammer] Re: Austin game programming sig? was Re: Re: Grumble gripe... my class was canceled

  • From: "Lilith Calbridge" <lilith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:57:27 -0500

<1157575607.5161.42.camel@localhost>, Bob
Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Due to experience with running a public group out of my apartment
(long
> time ago) I would advise against doing that. (I wound up moving and
> getting an unlisted phone number. Which I can't do now :-) The rest
work
> so long as the management is OK with it. Usually the expect people
> order something and a lot of groups get booted because not enough
people
> order anything.

I thought the same thing when the suggestion was made and I
automatically cringed.  A group I once belonged to met at a cafe.  At
first we were welcomed.  But since we sat mostly on their patio many of
the participants would show up with food from other establishments.  And
we spent as many as six hours at a time there taking up space.  Not that
they were awfully busy but I'm sure we got consideration as the cause of
the problem.

Lilith