[g2i2008] Friday Arrangements

  • From: "Martin Tame" <martin_tame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <g2i2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:51:57 +1000

All,

Some more info following up on Peter's previous mail.

If you have any questions drop me or Peter an email.

Bike Boxes

Bike boxes for those that asked for them have been purchased and are at
Peter Egan's house.  Most peoples bike will require only a small amount
of work to fit into the box. Peter's advice from last year was that all
but large frame bikes only needed the front wheel removed, handlebars
loosened and maybe seat post removed. Suitable padding (bubble wrap,
etc) should be applied to protect your frame and (now loose) wheel.

Even though the work is relatively small, I'd suggest that this isn't
left to Friday morning.  We don't want all of us waiting for the same
tools and taking forever.

Supplies

General Consensus was that everyone was happy to look after their own
gels, bars, drinks on the day.  So, BYO, but I'd suggest labelling it
with your name etc. On the day we will be all wanting it at once and
this will make things far simpler.

Rick and Peter are bringing a couple of spare wheels each. That will
cover both 9sp & 10spd Shimano setups, and those Campag lovers will have
to arrange their own standby's.

I'll bring my toolkit (for the bus) and Rick will have his mini tool for
the road.  Peter and I will both bring Track Pumps which should be
enough.

I've got a carton of Coke for the bus. This isn't for the trip down, but
for Saturday - It's great for getting a quick sugar and caffeine rush to
get you out of trouble. For those that give up along the way, we should
buy some beer.  I'll also include a couple of my wife's frilly skirts
for the big girls that take up this option.

Mark will supply a first aid kit.

Friday Schedule

Jarrod and I will collect the Bus and Trailer after we have dropped kids
at school. We have to go to Springwood and Mt Gravatt, so I'd suggest
that we will have both back at Peter's by 11am.  I'll keep Peter
informed if we are running late.

Once the Bus & Trailer is at Peter's we can load the bike boxes on, pack
the bus with gear etc.

I'd hope we can leave by no later than 1pm, and earlier if possible.
The RACQ have the trip as 4hrs and we lose an hour because of daylight
savings.

Sign on is at the local RSL (?) club between 5 and 7 pm and we need to
reassemble all the bikes and I'd suggest a quick spin around the block
to be sure all is in working order.

Packing

We will be going out to dinner Fri night in Grafton and have the post
race BBQ Sat night.  I don't know what the weather is like in Inverell,
but it probably wouldn't hurt to throw in a light jumper.  Other than
that, I'd suggest a couple of riding outfits (A short  Sunday morning
session has been suggested to loosen up the legs), and some clothes to
put on if you take the girly bus option.

Finances

I have received a deposit of at least $100 from almost all of you. In
general, I'll pay for all I can on the weekend that should be shared and
then send out a final bill (or return cash) to everyone at the end.

So just bring cash for your own personal expenses (meals, female company
etc).

Cheers,

MartinT

Martin Tame
System Architect - TechnologyOne Plus

  <http://www.technologyonecorp.com>
Financials | Human Resource & Payroll | Supply Chain | Business
Intelligence | Budgeting | Property & Rating | Performance Planning |
Student Management | Works & Assets | Enterprise Content Management |
Custom Software Development | Consulting Services

Phone:

07 3377 7512 | Fax: +61 7 3377 7301 | Mobile: 0413 434 870

Address:

67 High Street, Toowong QLD 4066 (PO Box 1078 Toowong QLD 4066)

Email:

Martin_Tame@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web: www.TechnologyOneCorp.com

TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) is a leading enterprise software solutions
provider with offices in each State and Territory of Australia, New
Zealand, Malaysia and the United Kingdom. For more than 20 years we have
been providing comprehensive and deeply integrated enterprise software
solutions used by business, government, health and community, education,
financial services and the utilities sectors. We develop, implement and
support our own world class solutions which are based on leading edge,
state of the art technology and backed up by a substantial research and
development program to ensure we continue to provide our customers with
long term security.

TechnologyOne accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email
or its attachments. The information in this email is only for the
intended recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. If you received this in error, please kindly notify the sender
by return email and delete this email and any attachments from your
system.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of the company shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.  If you believe that you
have been spammed please email Stop_Spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to report
your complaint.

GIF image