[fvlc-l] Join us for "Weed 'Em and Weep! Hoarding is not Collection Development"

  • From: Bradley Shipps <bshipps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OWLS Directors List <DIRS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, fvlc-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "WISPUBLIB, a DLTCL Discussion List." <wispublib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 08:49:00 -0500

Weed 'Em and Weep! Hoarding is not Collection Development

Join us for a Webinar on September 2

<https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/491099390>

*Space is limited.*
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/491099390

We all know that collection development is important. How do we let go of our emotional attachments and clean up our collections so that they serve our communities better? We may think about selection and acquiring, but the flip side of that is weeding out the items that no longer work for us. This program will help you articulate your library's purpose and make your collection reflect that through good weeding techniques. We will also provide tips for those who have trouble letting go.

Together, presenters Mary Kelly and Holly Hibner created the popular blog "Awful Library Books" and have also co-authored the book "Making a Collection Count: a Holistic Approach to Library Collection Management."

*Title:*        Weed 'Em and Weep! Hoarding is not Collection Development
*Date:*         Friday, September 2, 2011
*Time:*         10:00 AM - 11:30 AM CDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

*System Requirements*
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer