[fsug-calicut] Re: Hello

  • From: "Praveen A" <pravi.a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bpajith@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:17:15 -0500

2008/9/26 Ajith Kumar <bpajith@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  distribution as the base, it may be
> better to make a live CD on similar lines and distribute to the colleges.
> We can include the packages useful at that level.

I would suggest to promote Debian as is, rather than we working on
alive cd. I believe

1) We would be duplicating effort maintaining a live CD
2) It would be difficult to support it long term
3) We would rather have people work with the debian project upstream.

But if the live cd is just a selection of packages, not making any
changes it would be OK.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)