[fsug-calicut] Hello

  • From: Ajith Kumar <bpajith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:37:24 +0530 (IST)

Hello,
  It is glad to know that fsug-calicut has been revived after a long time.
It was formed in December 2001 and the lists was setup by Baiju after few
months. Here is my first message to the list
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fsug-calicut/message/4

After conducting several installation camps etc., the last activity was
setting up an Linux Terminal Server system at Makkarapparambu High School.

At present the schools are using GNU/Linux because it is part of the
syllabus. But many of the colleges are still on Windows, and there is a
possibility that the students who has already familiar with free software
may be forced to use Windows again. We need to address this issue.

Since IT@SCHOOL has chosen the Debian distribution as the base, it may be
better to make a live CD on similar lines and distribute to the colleges.
We can include the packages useful at that level.

Kishore, NIT, Calicut, has done some work in that direction and it can be
modified to suit the actual requirements.

Hope for some activity soon

Currently, i work on another free software project called Phoenix.
http://www.iuac.res.in/~elab/phoenix/

with regards

Ajith Kumar
IUAC
New Delhi

      Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at
http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/