[fsf60k] thursday's meeting

  • From: "richard wiltamuth" <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 14:06:21 -0400

dear friends,
the meeting was a busy one, with the future of students for 60,000 at issue.
stories have appeared in newsday and the observer, and several e-mails have
been sent to the superintendent of schools. her address is
mmcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the school board will meet in executive
session monday night and discuss ideas. regardless of what happens at that
meeting, we need a huge turnout at the regular board meeting at 7:30
wednesday night in the large cafeteria of the high school. at present, there
is not a majority of board members who have indicated a willingness to
adequately fund positions for new advisers. please try to get the word out
through your own contacts about the meeting.
george pardo and the willens had a successful trip to nicaragua. one
highlight, millie said, was seeing kids in nuevo amanecer watch "finding
nemo." that happened because the willens bought a tv set and a dvd player,
and because our group and students paid for a solar installation in the
community center. the world really is getting smaller, and maybe a little
less boring in nuevo amanecer.
pete white will be leading his last student trip april 16-24, but we hope
the students will be making many more under new leadership.
see you wednesday night. bring your friends, neighbors, total strangers,
anybody.