[fsf60k] meeting/update

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:57:51 -0400

Hola.

Here's an early reminder that our next regular monthly meeting will be on
Thursday eve. May 5, 2011 at 7:30 p.m. in room H-109. Mike said he may be
coming down to L.I. George has been hard at work on improving some early
grant proposal I was working on. I gave a few talks at college classes at
Briarcliff College, Patchogue this week at the invitation of a teacher there
named Christina Torns, who plans on beginning a college community service
group and is eager to get started. She has lots of energy and I predict good
things. I also have been speaking with some new folks who also have interest
in our work and want to become involved. Lisa, Rusty and the HS Students for
60000 returned Friday from their last Nica trip. Kate went to Nica with a
group from Our Lady Queen of Martyrs + students from the parish. Lots going
on. Lots to discuss. Almost all our portion of the Nuevo Amanecer water
project money has been sent/delivered to Andrew of Nuevas Esperanzas. George
and he have been talking regularly. All these are good things. I hope all
who can possibly attend the meeting will do so.

Big topics for discussion, among other things, will be: how to get some
energy and ideas into our fund raising, and continue discussion on search
for a new co-director.

Be well. See you all next week.

Pete White

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***