[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #131

  • From: Carol Werblin <cwerblin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:13:38 +0000

Felicitaciones!!!!! > Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 02:03:25 -0500> From:
FSF60K@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "FSF60K
DigestSubscribers"@freelists.org> Subject: fsf60k Digest V3 #131> > fsf60k
Digest Tue, 09 Dec 2008 Volume: 03 Issue: 131> > In This Issue:> [fsf60k] good
news and website info> [fsf60k] Re: good news and website info> [fsf60k] Re:
good news and website info> [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #130> >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> > Date:
Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:01:33 -0500> From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [fsf60k] good news and website info> > Greetings, or Hola for those of
you who speak Spanish,> > As many know from last week's meeting and from
reading a recent freelist> message or two, we applied for a grant from a
company called Liquidnet in> NYC. A member of their staff is a nephew of Millie
and Morty Willen who> pointed us in Liquidnet's direction. They are making
$150000 available for> local groups like ours. Criteria was that employees of
Liquidnet (in this> case, Brian Foley, Willen nephew) had to recommend the
applicant/not for> profit group. Brian Foley recommended us, mostly because of
his Aunt> Millie's involvement with Friends and other groups, and we applied.
Of 24> such applications, we were happy last week to be named among the ten>
finalists. Those selected would receive a grant for their project work of>
somewhere between $25000 for the "winner" to something in between, to $5000>
for the rest. After a great deal of deliberation among the 300 members of>
Liquidnet, who ran a democratic process and voted, we were selected to be>
among those "in between," meaning we didn't get the top prize of $25000, but>
we will be receiving $12500! which causes us mas alegre, to coin a phrase> from
Nicaragua. We are awaiting guidelines on how the money will pass to us,> and
how it may/must be used. We think there will be no strings attached to> this
grant, in which case I and I'm sure many of you have many ideas. Either> way,
perhaps sometime before Christmas a committee of us could meet to> discuss this
and form a plan on the best use for the grant, or at least part> of it just to
get some money going. In spirit, the grant is called the> "local impact grant"
so my guess is that the donor (Liquidnet) wants to see> all/most/some of the
money going locally. But I also received word that> there are no strings, so we
will await a more definite statement from them.> But the news is good either
way, locally or internationally. Its nice to> have some good news to celebrate
despite Patchogue, Mumbai, Iraq and the> tanking economy.> > Also, at the last
meeting we discussed moving forward with our Friends of> Students for 60000,
Inc. web site. George Pardo had taken certain steps to> do so, so had Jen Brady
Cotter and Adam Kantrowitz. Since all live in> different communities, Jen
volunteered at the last meeting to head up the> committee for final web site
planning and implementation. We all agreed. So> all those involved in web site
plans please consult/pass things through Jen> as she is the web chair. Her
contact info is:> > jjjellybean7@xxxxxxxxxxx> or Jen Cotter Brady, 174 Ave. A,
Holbrook, NY 11741> or 631 676 7557, or 631 588 4766> > Best wishes for good
grant use and a terrific web site. PW> > > > > ------------------------------>
> From: "Michael Cipoletti" <ikecip@xxxxxxx>> Subject: [fsf60k] Re: good news
and website info> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 20:09:52 -0500> > a lovely gift for the
holidays!!> ill be in touch when i return> mc> ----- Original Message ----- >
From: "Peter White" <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> To: <fsf60K@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent:
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:01 PM> Subject: [fsf60k] good news and website
info> > > > ***This is a message from a member of Friends of Students for
60,000***> >> > Greetings, or Hola for those of you who speak Spanish,> >> > As
many know from last week's meeting and from reading a recent freelist> >
message or two, we applied for a grant from a company called Liquidnet in> >
NYC. A member of their staff is a nephew of Millie and Morty Willen who> >
pointed us in Liquidnet's direction. They are making $150000 available for> >
local groups like ours. Criteria was that employees of Liquidnet (in > > this>
> case, Brian Foley, Willen nephew) had to recommend the applicant/not for> >
profit group. Brian Foley recommended us, mostly because of his Aunt> >
Millie's involvement with Friends and other groups, and we applied. Of 24> >
such applications, we were happy last week to be named among the ten> >
finalists. Those selected would receive a grant for their project work of> >
somewhere between $25000 for the "winner" to something in between, to > >
$5000> > for the rest. After a great deal of deliberation among the 300 members
of> > Liquidnet, who ran a democratic process and voted, we were selected to
be> > among those "in between," meaning we didn't get the top prize of $25000,
> > but> > we will be receiving $12500! which causes us mas alegre, to coin a
phrase> > from Nicaragua. We are awaiting guidelines on how the money will pass
to > > us,> > and how it may/must be used. We think there will be no strings
attached to> > this grant, in which case I and I'm sure many of you have many
ideas. > > Either> > way, perhaps sometime before Christmas a committee of us
could meet to> > discuss this and form a plan on the best use for the grant, or
at least > > part> > of it just to get some money going. In spirit, the grant
is called the> > "local impact grant" so my guess is that the donor (Liquidnet)
wants to > > see> > all/most/some of the money going locally. But I also
received word that> > there are no strings, so we will await a more definite
statement from > > them.> > But the news is good either way, locally or
internationally. Its nice to> > have some good news to celebrate despite
Patchogue, Mumbai, Iraq and the> > tanking economy.> >> > Also, at the last
meeting we discussed moving forward with our Friends of> > Students for 60000,
Inc. web site. George Pardo had taken certain steps to> > do so, so had Jen
Brady Cotter and Adam Kantrowitz. Since all live in> > different communities,
Jen volunteered at the last meeting to head up the> > committee for final web
site planning and implementation. We all agreed. > > So> > all those involved
in web site plans please consult/pass things through > > Jen> > as she is the
web chair. Her contact info is:> >> > jjjellybean7@xxxxxxxxxxx> > or Jen Cotter
Brady, 174 Ave. A, Holbrook, NY 11741> > or 631 676 7557, or 631 588 4766> >> >
Best wishes for good grant use and a terrific web site. PW> >> >> >> >> >> >> >
***> > You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to > >
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.> > An
archive of messages is available at > >
//www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.> > FAQ'are available at
//www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***> >> > __________ Information from
ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus > > signature database 3679 (20081209)
__________> >> > The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.> >> >
http://www.eset.com> >> >> > > > > ------------------------------> > Date: Tue,
9 Dec 2008 20:38:17 -0500> From: shari <skornblatt@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject:
[fsf60k] Re: good news and website info> > WOOO!! That's what I'm talking about
:) I almost just cheered in the library> This is definitely the kind of stuff
we need to be doing.> :) shari> 2008/12/9 Michael Cipoletti <ikecip@xxxxxxx>> >
> ***This is a message from a member of Friends of Students for 60,000***> >> >
a lovely gift for the holidays!!> > ill be in touch when i return> > mc> >
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter White" <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> >
To: <fsf60K@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:01 PM> >
Subject: [fsf60k] good news and website info> >> >> > ***This is a message from
a member of Friends of Students for 60,000***> >>> >> Greetings, or Hola for
those of you who speak Spanish,> >>> >> As many know from last week's meeting
> [...]
contact info is:> >>> >> jjjellybean7@xxxxxxxxxxx> >> or Jen Cotter Brady, 174
Ave. A, Holbrook, NY 11741> >> or 631 676 7557, or 631 588 4766> >>> >> Best
wishes for good grant use and a terrific web site. PW> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>
>> ***> >> You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to> >>
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.> >> An
archive of messages is available at> >>
//www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.> >> FAQ'are available at
//www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***> >>> >> __________ Information from
ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus> >> signature database 3679 (20081209)
__________> >>> >> The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.> >>> >>
this list by sending an email to> > fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
'unsubscribe' in the subject field.> > An archive of messages is available at>
------------------------------> > From: Jen Brady <jjjellybean7@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #130> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:25:11
-0500> > Hi All,As we put together a Friends website, we'd like to make sure
that we link to all the other websites that connect to the club, for example
George's blog, etc. If you are aware of any sites that relate to Friends of
Students and/or Students, please email me their web addresses. Also, should you
have any suggestions on features we should include in our site, please share
your ideas. Please get back to me by this weekend, so I can try to incorporate
your feedback into the first round of the site. I hope to present a mockup of
the site at our January meeting. Best wishes,Jen Brady CotterP.S. Please email
your feedback to: jbradycotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and include "Friends
Website" in your subject line. Thanks!>
faster without improving your typing skills.>
http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008>