[fsf60k] Telica/NA water

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpardo@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:28:22 -0500

Hola George and Others,
        Great to have a good discussion on the current proposal to bring water
NA community through the efforts of Telica municipality. I'm sure that all
who are close with this project over the past months/years want this done,
and all have important questions about it. Bill already emailed with a few
of his immediate concerns. One thing we agreed on last night was that
Conchita could rely on some of the $6500 she has for water to keep the
deliveries going past Nov. 30 to Dec. 31. Here are a few of the concerns
which I made note of last night:

. need for specifics/hard data/estimates/costs, much of what is in the
proposal is general.

. design questions i.e. gallons per day, cleanliness of the water, testing
results, temperature, any contaminents, etc.

. need to bring in graft prevention/oversight. i.e. Seeing if Elmer Zelaya
or other recognized hydrologist would become involved as an expert, provide
his opinion, oversee things since Chac. water project got done under such
watchfulness and not by amateurs. We could pay him if nec.

. timetable for all this.

. Joanne's question regarding "Would this get done if we didn't kick in?" Is
it rare that a private group like ours is teaming up with a Nica gov't
entity to do this, and for how many towns, and are the townspeople kicking
in? because if they are, the NA people are penniless. Is our $25000 THIER
portion?

. Will the recipients of the water have a monthly bill? If so, how much? Can
the NA people pay?

. Are the Telica people experienced in this type of work?

. What's Vision Mundial's take on all this?

. Where did the sum of $25000 come from, the exact amount we have for water?

One thing almost all agreed to was that if all our questions are answered to
our satisfaction, and if it's good water and we're dealing with trustworthy
people, then it seems, in George's words "the perfect thing to do." But
we've all seen corruption, big and small, over the years. So things must be
done exactly right. We cannot just turn over all our money to an entity we
don't know without being certain, and being partners with checks and
balances/oversight, etc.

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***