[fruityloops] Re: what does everyone use to play back fruityloopsparts?

  • From: Andrew Ebling <aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Feb 2002 07:28:23 +0000

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 02:36, moonz wrote:
> Andy...what is your digital audio setup?

I playback thru a humble es1371 based SB16 PCI!  Nothing special, but it
works.  I have a Guillemot Maxi home studio 64 (ISA card) sitting in a
cupboard somewhere that I used to use for music work, but its drivers
were really naff (typical for Guillemot I'm afraid; impressive hardware
capability but poor drivers and support).  It had fantastic sound
quality, two outputs, hardware synth/sampler with 16MB of RAM and the
capability of mixing 8 stereo channels into stereo with 2 FX.

I ditched it because the bad drivers were holding back the DVD playback
performance.  As I was strapped for cash at the time, I bought the
cheapest card that I knew would do the job and that was the SB16 PCI.

> and...how does midi fit into fruity?

I use a Korg X5D as a MIDI master keyboard and for sampling sounds.  I
particularly like its pads and strings although it all goes a bit flat
in multi mode (playing parts on all 16 MIDI channels at once) as you
have to spread the FX unit over all parts then.

--
best regards,

Andy

Andy Ebling - developer, Email: aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tao Group, 62/63 Suttons Business Park, Earley, READING, RG6 1AZ UK
Tel: 0118 901 2999 (UK) +44 118 901 2999 (International)
Fax: 0118 901 2963 (UK) +44 118 901 2963 (International)