[fruityloops] Re: sound problems

  • From: Tim Jenkins <TimJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:48:43 +0100

Hi Glen

Firstly I don't know what level you are producing at so sorry if I patronise
you :)

Are you sure this is a fruity issue or is it a conventional sound
engineering problem?? What sounds are you adding? are they bass lines? what
frequencies? If you turn everything else off and just run the non percussive
sounds do they sound ok ? if so I think you maybe flooding certain
frequencies at the same time?

A quick way to tell if this is happening is to use the sound level plug
which allows you to visually monitor the levels everything is set at.

I have never had any problem with levels being reduced by other sounds but I
have flooded certain frequencies, if this is happening then you need to
start considering some more professional sound engineering techniques which
are a bit long winded to explain fully hear. If this is the case though you
will find many articles on EQing and general sound engineering on the net.

Let me know if you need links to articles

Again sorry if this is patronising but I have never seen channels reduced in
volume due to adding other sounds ??

Cheers
Tim