[fruityloops] Re: sharing the soundcard between applications

  • From: Andrew Ebling <aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 08 Feb 2002 07:33:20 +0000

> Well...your soundcard must not be using a multi-client driver?
> Hubi's Loopback...Vitrual Audio Cable...Midi Yoke....any one
> of these should work for you.

I did the 3 monthly ritual of reinstalling windows last night, the first
attempt of which trashed my partition table.  Windows will trash any
other OS if you have them in another primary partition it seems :(.

Anyway, the upshot is that now I seem to be able to share my sound card
between applications if I check the "auto close device" in the settings
dialog.  This is particularly bizarre because I'm actually using an
older driver for my sound card now than I was before.  Perhaps I won't
bother upgrading!
> If you need one of these let me know...Midi Yoke is only 250k big
> I'll send it to your email.

Not to worry, I think I can manage without now.

best regards,