[fruityloops] samples with loop points (was: Re: Good news people!)

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 23 Oct 2002 15:53:17 +0000

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 14:33, March Anthony A1C 22 CS/SCDT wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply Andy.  I might be able to do the effect with =
> the peak controller and some delay.  It would just be a little easier if =
> a gate was included is all.

OK, well if you need any help with this don't be afraid to ask.

> I have another quick question:  How come on =
> some of my samples I'm able to make use of the "use looped points" =
> option in the sampler and on others I'm not.  I know this must be on =
> sustained samples and not one hits.  This lets me control the duration =
> of the sample in the piano roll.  Without it the sample goes for however =
> long it is, right?  Is there another way to control the duration a =
> sample is played other than by using "looped points"? =20

Wav files can contain embedded loop points and most sample editors can
set these loop points to any desired value.  The "use looped points"
option is only available if the sample you loaded has these loop points

If you set the amplitude/volume envelope to have a short release, then
the length of the note in the piano roll will determine how long the
sample plays for... you will probably also want to adjust the other
parameters of the amplitude/volume envelope.

hope that helps