[fruityloops] Re: multi instruments in piano roll?

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:55:08 +0100

> In FL Studio, is there any way to bring several drum sample channels into
> single piano roll, so that I can create whole drum tracks on a single
> roll grid?
> I've seen this done in Cubase (although only in midi without a soft
> in their dedicated drum editor, and was just wondering if anyone knew how
> do it in Fruity or a workaround?

You have several options at your disposal.

i) create a Layer Channel and make all the drum sample channels children of
that layer, then set the root note and keyboard range for each of the drum
sample channels appropriately

ii) use a DrumSynthLive channel, which although synthesises drum sounds
(rather than using straight samples) does the job for you.

iii) get hold of a copy of computer music magazine and use their SR202 VSTi
and load your samples into that instead.  It even has multiple output
support, so you can send the resulting sounds to different mixer channels.
This is probably the best solution IMHO.

hope that helps,