[fruityloops] moderation turned on

  • From: "AndyEbling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:24:10 +0100

Hi all,

I have activated moderation on this list for a trial period (probably a
couple of weeks).  At the end of this period, I will ask for feedback
(privately) and we'll try and come to a group concensus as to whether we
continue with moderation after that.

I'll try and draw up some posting guidelines to include in the welcome
message.  In the mean time, you can increase the chances of your message
getting instant approval by making sure it:

i) is on topic
ii) is concise and to the point
iii) is not vague
iv) does not quote uneccessary amounts of previous messages

Can I assure you that my aim in moderation will be to maintain a level of
high quality discussion rather than censorship.

Please do not feel offended if I ask you to re-phrase or re-write your post.
I'm doing this in your interests (to get a quick and useful reply) as well
in the interests of the other list members.

I'm also hoping that moderating this list will make it appeal to people who
find the official forums too "noisy".  Please promote this list to everyone
you know who uses fruityloops.  Thanks,