[fruityloops] Re: how about some new tutorials??

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Aug 2002 07:35:00 +0000

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 22:21, amit wrote:

> i'd like to see some tutorials on automation.  i
> haven't really found a solid way of drawing out
> automation over an extended number of bars.
>
> for example, filter sweeping a 16 bar drum pattern.

OK, I'll bear that one in mind.

Here is a quick answer tho:

try right dragging in the event editor (after selecting the right event
to edit), this aligns all the events in a straight line from the point
where you started dragging to where you released the mouse (i.e. if you
right drag from the bottom left to the top right, you would get a steady
build right the way through).

You could also use the event LFO in sawtooth mode, or use the X-Y
controller and link the axes to cut off and resonance (this is very
cool, would anyone be interested in a step by step guide of this one?).

hope that helps,