[fruityloops] Re: hellow out thare not much going on here then:)

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 17 Apr 2002 07:34:21 +0100

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 18:59, Sinatra Y2k wrote:

> > I need reviews of my two tracks (a third is in the pipeline):
> >
> > http://www.sectionz.net/sz40/userinfo.sz40?flooperTag=sp3cial-t3chniqu3
>
> Done ... Reviewed "Feels So Good" at Sz ... pretty standard euro-house
> cheeze sounds ...  but well-enough produced (drums particularly) that I hate
> to just write it off as such ...  It just leaves me wishing it had a more of
> a unique sound, rather than reminding me of a genre I don't really like...

To some extent, this was to be expected as I selected "cheesy" for the
mood!

As this was my first fruity track, I thought that I would just knock
something fairly standard together.  It is difficult to be
original/experimental when you are only just getting to grips with the
tool(s) you are using.

I hope that subsequent tracks will be a bit more fresh and original.

> Ultimately, I guess that just boils down to personal taste, because it does
> seem to me to be very well produced - has a lot of the fills and other
> "interest points", and excellent use of effects - especially compared to my
> stuff, which is presently long on ideas and short on production value...

Hey thanks.  I'm afraid I don't have any special tips share on this, I
just listened to it a lot of times and fixed things as I spotted them.

> I'm streaming the other track right now ... it sounds great too ... your
> tracks have a very professional polish to them ...

:)

> A *very* rough mix of my latest stuff just went up on S-z, if you'd like to
> listen and review  (
> http://www.sectionz.net/sz40/04detail.sz40?mp3ID=2165 ), its been up on
> ampcast for a week though - think I posted the link before on the list).
> Final mix is on its way, hopefully this weekend.

I'm downloading this now.  Would you prefer comments by email or a
proper Sz review at this stage (or both if you want the points!)??

It's good to have a bit of community spirit going on the list.  Can I
encourage other list members to upload their music to Sectionz and post
the URLs to the list so we can go and review?

--
best regards,

Andy