[fruityloops] Re: hellow out thare not much going on here then:)

  • From: "xk" <xk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:28:08 +0300

> Yeah, I messed around with MIDI sequencing for some time (like 5 years)
> but rarely got inspired.  If you can hear an entire song in your head
> before you start, MIDI is a good way to go to realise that idea.  Fruity
> on the otherhand is great for turning a simple, half baked idea into a
> song in a few hours... at least that is how it is for me.

I think hardware MIDI seq is quite dead these days. Too complicated to set
up. And way to expensive.

Software MIDI is another think. Fruityloops is super duper on building
drums, but nothing can produce a full song faster that Sonar. When you have
30 channels, Fruity becomes a pain.

> > We should start discussing tracks on the list,
> > maybe, if no one minds ... get that community spirit hopping   :)
>
> Definitely.  Perhaps I should change the definition of the group given
> at freelists.org, to encourage people to discuss/review each others
> songs.
>
> Somehow we need to think of a way of encouraging the 20 or so
> subscribers who have not yet posted, to get involved ;-).

Reviewing each other is good, but I think it would be better to help each
other progress in musical production. Like for example to try to find out
how that super base from 'Addicted to base' was built and to emulate it. It
would be cool to share expertise instead of guarding our cool tricks like a
magician.