[fruityloops] Re: hellow out thare not much going on here then:)

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 17 Apr 2002 13:56:34 +0100

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 16:29, Sinatra Y2k wrote:

> > As this was my first fruity track, I thought that I would just knock
> > something fairly standard together.  It is difficult to be
> > original/experimental when you are only just getting to grips with the
> > tool(s) you are using.
>
> Agreed ... for your first fruity track, it is pretty good ...

Thanks :-).

> Do you use any
> plug-ins, generally?

On the FX side, besides the standard fruity fx pluggins I use FreeVerb
(better sounding than the standard reverb), Karlette (tape echo), tau
muon overdrive, and all the free blueline plugins (which are excellent
in my opinion).  (yes I do have a policy of only using free plugins!)

Anyone else know of any good and free plugins.  I have found lots of
listings of free plugins, but in reality, few seem to be of much
creative use.

On the instrument side, I use SimSynth, DX-10, Wasp, Triangle II, CM101,
SR202, JX10, mda piano, fruity slicer, tau muon.

I tend to sample stuff of my Korg X5D as well, especially string/pad
sounds.  I generally come up with ideas using the korg as the latency on
my soundcard is too high for realtime experimentation with softsynths.
If the idea doesn't translate to a sound I can get in fruity, then I
tend to sample the sound that originally inspired the idea and load that
up in fruity instead.

> That is what I've been having fun with lately .. not
> so much effects, but VST Instruments... I like using the Native Instruments
> Pro-52 , and I've been playing with a couple others too... I find I get the
> simplicity of writing and arranging with FL, but also some really rich
> sounds too .. i

Yeah, I messed around with MIDI sequencing for some time (like 5 years)
but rarely got inspired.  If you can hear an entire song in your head
before you start, MIDI is a good way to go to realise that idea.  Fruity
on the otherhand is great for turning a simple, half baked idea into a
song in a few hours... at least that is how it is for me.

> We should start discussing tracks on the list,
> maybe, if no one minds ... get that community spirit hopping   :)

Definitely.  Perhaps I should change the definition of the group given
at freelists.org, to encourage people to discuss/review each others
songs.

Somehow we need to think of a way of encouraging the 20 or so
subscribers who have not yet posted, to get involved ;-).

--
best regards,

Andy