[fruityloops] Re: fruity tutorial

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 18 Apr 2002 15:03:38 +0100

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 11:23, xk wrote:

> > There is a good tutorial on the peak controller and project bones in
> > this months Computer Music magazine.  (see
> > http://www.computermusic.co.uk)
>
> The garage tutorial on this site was also very cool.

The forum is another good place to ask questions, especially about any
hardware and windows related problems.

> > It also comes with Making Waves (full product) and 570 samples on the
> > cover CDROM.
>
> Can you get these samples from somewhere else? Or they are only on the cd?

I think that they are usually sample samples (!!) from commercial CDs,
however they still give you the rights to use them in commercial
compositions.  So to answer your question directly I think they are only
on the CD.

I agree with Mike that the magazine is on the whole directed towards
beginners, and some parts are duplicated every month (like the "what do
I need to get started" guide), but on the whole there is enough new
material to keep me interested.  I've been reading the magazine on and
off for 20 months or so.  I'd say that it is also slightly more focussed
on Steinberg software (dunno why, I've always been a _lot_ more
impressed with the quality of Emagic software), but they do cover some
Logic and Sonar stuff each month.

--
best regards,

Andy