[fruityloops] Re: fruity tracks

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 25 Nov 2002 07:55:43 +0000

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 22:49, Lasse wrote:
> Maybe this is the wrong place to discuss FT, but I give it a shot:
>
> I am trying the demo with the plugins. I just wonder if I can use the plugins
> in FL in FT. Cause I tried the compressor in FT but I crashes when I try. So
> I guess it can't be done.
>
> Maybe there is another mixer-program, not too exensive, that I can use to
> mixdown wave-files created in Cakewalk and FL.
>
> Any thoughts?

From what I can tell on the official fruityloops forums, fruitytracks is
no longer being developed and may well be discontinued soon.  If it
doesn't do what you want now, I'd say there is little point in buying
it.

If you want an integrated mixer, I recommend you wait for the next
version of fruityloops (4.0, due out around Christmas/new year
apparently), there are also some rumours about fruityloops supporting
hard disk recording, but that remains to be seen!

Alternatively, I use a program called n-track studio
(http://www.ntrack.com) which is fairly affordable and can handle more
tracks (on like for like hardware) than the big sequencers like Cubase,
Logic and Cakewalk.  It takes some tweaking to get the best possible
performance out of it, but it is generally worth it.  Overall stability
is not as good as fruityloops and there is only very basic MIDI support,
but apart from that, it does the job nicely.  Personally, I really like
beeing able to to "see" the wave files and draw mix automation onto the
tracks.

I tend to render to wavs from fruityloops and use the "split fx
channels" to get 16 wav files which I then mixdown and edit in n-track.
Sometimes I need more than 16 channels, in which case, I render 16
tracks at a time and then go and edit the fx channel on each of the
generators appropriately.

hope that helps.