[fruityloops] Re: error reading FLP

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 06 Jan 2003 07:53:44 +0000

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 01:23, diego C wrote:
> Is there any hope to recovering a song that says " Error while reading the
> FLP file which may be corrupted "  when you open it ?

It depends on a lot of things.

First of all, how did the file come to be in this state, was it emailed
or kept of a floppy disk or has it just been sitting on your hard disk
for a while?

How long ago was the file created?  Which version of fruityloops was it
created with?  Which version of fruityloops are you trying to play it

I know there can be problems if you try and load an flp file created in
a newer version of fruityloops than your current version, but its
possible there are issues the other way around too.

How big is the file?  Could it have been saved as a zipped loop package,
but with a .flp extension?  If so, changing the extension to .zip and
reloading it would help.

Need a bit more info to help really.

You could also try the official technical support forums.